We take our mobile phone with us almost all of time no matter where we go. So, there is a chance that you keep it any places wherever you go and sometime you might forget to take it back. The phones might also get stolen sometime. For such conditions, icloud came with the solutions for it with the feature named Find my phone. By using this feature you can easily track the lost device and manage it. The feature helps your lost device from being misused by others and all your private documents are secured.
Steps to use iCLoud Find My iPhone with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
You can use your any other devices to track down your lost devices. The following steps are to be followed to track down the lost devices:-
- Open the Find My iPhone application available in your device and then sign in to it.
- You will be shown the list of your different devices, click on the lost device name.
- Now, you will be shown the map to your lost device. You can zoom in so that you can view it clearly.
- You can use the different Action features offered here. You are provided with the 3 options – Play Sound, Erase and Lost mode.
- First option “Play Sound” enable to you to play the sound in the lost phone. It will work even if you had set your phone on the silent or vibration mode. The option can be very useful if you have lost device in you your home.
- Second option “Lost mode” is used to send a phone number to your lost device. If the device is found by someone else then they can call you in the sent number.
- Third option “Erase” is used so that you can delete all the data in your device. it is used as you do not want your private data to be accessed by others
To use this amazing feature you will first need to enable the service in your iPhone or iPad. Steps to enable the feature:
- Open the “Setting” from your iPhone and then tap on iCloud.
- If you are not signed in, then enter your Apple and password to sign in.
- Tap “Find My iPhone” and then you can Turn On the button available for Find My iPhone
You can also enable the Find My iPhone feature on your Mac. Just follow the simple steps provided here:-
- Go to the Apple menu in your device and then open the System Preferences.
- Open iCloud and scroll down to the bottom side of the page and you will see the “Find My Mac” option
- Turn it on if the toggle is off