iCloud introduced by Apple Inc is very popular among the iOS device users. However, many user complaint that this cloud storage service is very complicated occurring the various problems while using the features like photo management and music social networks. Hence, Apple introduced iCloud Drive so that you can easily managed your all documents within iCloud and your Apple device. The stored files can be accessed at any time using any of your devices. However, drive is not offered for free of cost as you have to pay for subscribing it. It is recommended that you first check the pricing before you upgrade your iCloud account to iCloud drive. But you need to keep in mind that once you have upgraded, you do not have option to downgrade.
iCloud Drive is more useful for office work purpose. By using the service you can start working in one device and use drive to store unfinished work. Later you can get access to that work using any other device and complete the work. You can use any web browser to use iCloud drive. Even if it was introduced so that the users can easily manage their documents, some people still finds it hard to use the service. So, for such users we guide you through the steps by steps instruction for getting to your drive account.
iCloud Drive Login Steps
- Open your web browser you need to open the web page “icloud.com” on it which will open the official homepage..
- Now enter your Apple ID and then enter your password.
- Tap on “Sign In” to get to your account.
- Click on the “right direction arrow” sign/icon in the “Password field”. Your browser will open the new page then.
- Click on “iCloud drive” and start managing your documents. As you make any changes after signing in, all the changes will also be seen in all your other devices.
Steps to Upgrade to iCloud Drive
- Upgrade on iPhone/iPad
- Open Setting in your device.
- Go to iCloud
- Tap on iCloud drive.
- Open “Upgrade to Drive”.
- Upgrade on Mac
- Open System Preferences.
- Open iCloud.
- Access Drive.
You can easily access all the service offered in iCloud drive using your Mac and Windows. However, one of the back point of the service is that drive application is still not available for your mobile phones like iPhone and iPad. So, you will have to use the third party application to manage your files and documents.