Forgot iCloud password and worried about what to do ? Read this article for the answer. People often forget their password if they do not use their id most often. People are advised to change their password frequently and pick a complex password so that it makes others to crack their password. And due to use of such complex phrase as a password, they forgets their password if they are not using frequently. Passwords are very important and very sensitive. You have to enter all the characters in 100 percent correct form. The contents of character, symbols, letters and everything should be correct. Misplace of one character will not allow you to access your account.
Forgetting password is common problem for most of the iCloud users. But it is not the biggest problem. IF you cannot retrieve you forgot password but you can get new password. For that you have to follow following steps.
STEPS TO RETRIVE IF YOU FORGET ICLOUD PASSWORD
- Make sure you are connected to internet and with any browser go to official iCloud page or you can navigate through this link https://www.icloud.com/
- Once you land on the page you will see log in box. Ignore the box and find the “forgot Apple Id or password?” option below the log in box and click on it.
- After that you will be asked to enter your Apple Id. Enter your Apple id and then click on continue button which is at the bottom
- After that you will see two options for resetting your password. First is you will be sent a link to reset your password in your email address. But it will not show you in which email address the email will be sent. And another is you will need to answer the security questions which you chose while creating your iCloud account. Choose either one of the option.
- If you choose “get an email. You will be sent a reset link in your password. Open your email address and you will see an email from apple with a link to reset your password.
- Click on the link and you land on the page where you have to enter your new password and confirm it. but if you choose to reset your password by answering your security questions, you will be first asked your date of birth.
- Enter your correct date of birth which you entered before. Then you will be asked the questions. After that you will be asked your security questions. If you answered correct answers you will see a page where you will be asked your new password.
- Enter your new password and enter again for confirming the password and finally click on reset my password.
- After that you will see a page where you will be notified that your password has been changed.
Once you change your password you can now go to log in page and use your new password and log in and get use the iCloud services. Sometime, there shows error in log in because of caps lock button too. So whenever you are unable to log in with your password, make sure your caps lock button is turned off or not. Because as the passwords are case sensitive and it causes password error most of the time.
These are the very effective steps to follow if you forgot icloud password. After this also if you have any query related with forgot icloud password then ask us about it or contact iCloud support team.