iCloud service offered by Apple Incorporation is very popular for its many features. Although it is most popular for its feature of storing files, photos and videos in one server and accessing it from various other devices, it has got many other interesting services like managing the lost or stolen iPhones, iCloud Mail, Calendar and many others. Among them iCloud Music is also very much liked by iOS device users.
iCloud Music Library is related with the Apple Music which will scan the music library in your devices and then it will be uploaded to your iCloud account. It helps the users to share Apple music between the inter linked iOS devices (iPad, iPhone and iPod) and computer. All the music library can be viewed from all the device through iCloud Music Library once you are the member in the Apple Music. To view the library in My Music all you need to do is just log in to Apple Music using any of the devices.
To use this interesting feature of syncing music on iOS and computer, the user should first need to activate Music Library on the devices.
Steps to Activate iCloud Music
- Turn on in iPod, iPad and iPhone.
- Open your Apple Music application and open the profile icon.
- Now use your Apple ID and Password from Apple Music membership to sign in.
- Open Setting menu in your device Home.
- Go to Music.
- Now turn on iCloud Library. Then you will be asked if you wish to merge or replace the music available in your device with the music with your Apple Music Library. You can choose the option as you prefer.
- Turn on in Personal Computer or Mac
- First of all you should sign in to iTunes. While signing in you should use the same Apple ID and password as in your Apple Music membership.
- On Mac: In the top side of the screen, select “iTunes” in the menu bar.
- Then select “Preferences”
- Now you can turn on iCloud Music Library and then click OK. Then you will be asked if you wish to merge or replace the music available in your device with the music with your Apple Music Library. You can choose the option as you prefer.
In the music library, you will find the contents like, songs, playlists and albums included from the Apple Music, songs that are purchased through iTunes and songs included in the user’s PC or Mac.
While using the iCloud Music Library, many are confused about the Apple Music and iTunes Match. However, these two are 2 different services even if they both takes you to your music library through iCloud. When you become the member of Apple Music, it will compare the music in your device with Apple Music Catalog and it will be made accessible for all of your other device only if the match is found. However, if you join iTunes Match, all your music will be uploaded to iCloud Music Library even if there is no match in its catalog.